LED lighting technology is becoming more widespread. We’re seeing brighter LED headlights with a more focused beam, which is great for us as consumers. With this, we’ve combed through and identified the best LED headlights for 2020.
Most importantly, many LED headlight bulbs can be used to replace halogen headlights if you’re looking for a brighter, longer-lasting light. Many of the manufacturers include plug-and-play kits with their products, so you don’t need to do any modifications to your vehicle.
The ideal balance of price, performance, and longevity, Cougar Motor’s LED headlight bulbs offer 7200 lumens per pair, which is 200 percent brighter than stock halogen headlights. They run at a cool white 6000K temperature and offer a great beam pattern without any dark spots or foggy light.
Cougar Motor opts to use an aluminum housing with a 10,000 RPM TurboCool fan to ensure the LED headlight bulbs can operate for over 50,000 hours. The company says its bulbs are plug-and-play and are CanBUS-Ready with most vehicles. They are also IP67 waterproof and each bulb comes with a three-year warranty and lifetime support. Each bulb is rated at 30 watts and uses Cree LED chips. Installation is easy thanks to the bulbs being CanBUS-Ready, working with most vehicles without issues. It is recommended to contact the manufacturer to verify they will be compatible with your vehicle.
There are brighter options available than Cougar Motor’s LED bulbs, so if you often drive at night or on dimly lit roads, you may want something brighter. But if you’re looking for an all-around performer that is competitively priced, these bulbs should be at the top of your list. Cougar Motor is also the only company on this list that offers a three-year warranty on its products.
Waterproof with a level of IP67
50,000-hour advertised life
A 360 Approach on Light Output- Fluxbeam Choice 9005 LED Headlight Bulb doesn’t place it’s focus ONLY on lumens/brightness, but on ALL 3 components of light output that determine the quality of light and lifespan. LUX- LUMENS- CRI.
There are a few characteristics that place the design among the leading options in the class. One of them is the actual convenience of the installation process which comes with all the accessories needed. Drivers can install the headlights themselves. At the same time, most drivers note that a few minor adjustments might be needed for the LEDs to fit. One of the common mistakes is the improper installation which allows moisture to form inside the headlight. But with proper step-by-step installation, drivers should be able to install the LEDs tightly.
Most popular products
Available in 6000K- Cool White 6K @ 4, 500Lms per LED bulb without dark spots!
Not the longest warranty policy
This kit replaces traditional OEM stock headlights with our LEDs. Takes less than 20 minutes to install. Some automobiles will require professional installation to change out the headlamps.
If you are not sure what size led your vehicle requires, please check our accurate fitment tool on the top left as well as ensuring you choose the correct beam as in high or low beam. If your vehicle is equipped with CANBUS, we will send you our CANBUS Error Free Anti Flickering Resistor Decoder for FREE!
ADJUSTABLE BEAM PATTERN WITH MAXIMUM LIGHT OUTPUT SUPER BRIGHT allows for reflector or projector housing. This hi lo dual beam led headlight conversion kit suits high and low assembly, offering crystal clear white beams. These custom waterproof headlights ensure 40,000 hours of clean and bright shine from our unique LED Cree chips and design.
The latest and greatest CREE XHP50 LED Chip
Easily replaces standard OEM headlights
A little bit expensive
Benefits of LED Headlights
- 80 percent more efficient. The best LED headlights for trucks and cars will protect and preserve your vehicle’s battery, which will make it last longer.
- Last five times longer than halogens. The best LED replacement headlight bulbs last 30,000 hours or more. In comparison, you would need to change five or more halogen bulbs for a single LED bulb.
- Cheaper over time. While the best LED headlights may cost more straight out of the box, you will save money in the long run because you won’t need to change the LEDs as often.
- Brighter than halogens. The best LED headlight conversion kit offers superior performance compared to halogen lights, which may have light beams that look foggy or contain dark spots.
- Illuminate the road better. When you drive at night, LED headlights enable you to see the road over greater distances than halogen bulbs. They also have anti-glare features.
- Easy to install. In general, it takes 20 minutes or less to install LED headlights on most cars, SUVs and trucks. (This excludes older models, which may take more time.)